It’s shitty, but I did it:
why can’t I hold all these PLAY BALL
how to join in under the cut. if I can get cuts to work. if not, NO BIG
friend me on steam if you haven’t already and use the ‘join game’ option.
server password: crazedgunman
for the first few minutes I’m probably just going to derp around and see if anyone wants to play?
I think the most important thing about Pyro is knowing how to pick your matches.
Pyros can effectively take out most Spies, Snipers, Medics and even Heavies, especially if they’re not spinning their minigun or if they’re focused on something else. One of the best strategies is to ambush, use the normal flamethrower to set the enemy alight, then quickly change weapons to the Axtinguisher or Postal Pummeler and bludgeon them. My quick change button is designated as Q, so I just tap that as soon as I know they’re on fire. The crit bonus can knock out a full HP Heavy if you do it right, though it takes a bit of practice.
When you see a Demoman or Soldier, don’t run at them with flames firing. While Pyros are best at short-range fighting—your long range weapons, the flare gun or shot gun, won’t protect you against those classes. If you have to fight, hang back and wait for them to fire, or anticipate their missiles/bombs, then alt click to compression blast the projectiles back in their faces. This also takes some practice, but can be extremely effective.
Try not to run at a Scout, either. If they’re an intermediate player, they’ll run circles around you. However, if they’re oblivious, occupied, or derping about, you can knock them out in seconds. Engineers are easy targets without sentries, but with sentries… well, leave that to the Demo, Soldier, or Spy.
One of the most important things is knowing the map, as well. That takes some time.
Things that are good to know:
- The closer you are to the enemy, the more damage your flamethrower does.
- If someone on your team is acting suspicious, douse them in fire. If you are hanging around an Engineer, spray some fire around his nest, Spies could be lurking.
- Keep your back to the wall when you’re moving, if possible. Always be aware of the map. Don’t just look forward, be ready to take an attack from anywhere 360.
- If a team mate is on fire, use alt fire and compression blast them. This extinguishes the flames.
Here is an in-depth look at Pyro Match-Ups. I’d give them a read!
- I was born and raised Catholic and attended private school up until college, but I’ve personally grown into a very different belief system.
- A secret? I… uh… used to dress like a generic hipster.
- I love my sister.
- Meeting my friends from college was one of the best things that’s ever happened to me.
- I really want to improve my art skill so that I can comfortably draw some more challenging perspectives.
gosh these anons.
Random fact: I’ve had different internet aliases in the past, but I abandoned them for one reason or another, one of which included really bad stalking. It’s also why I barely give out any info about myself these days.
❤ back at you.
and… I WILL BE DONE SOON 8( I swear, it’s my turn to have multiple versions.